11/27/23: Leaf Season ends on Friday, December 1st. Please have all leaves piled Thursday evening for pickup. Click here for more information.

FAQ Topic: Permits & licensing

Why do I need a Village zoning permit?

A zoning permit is required from the Village for sheds, decks, new/additional fences, swimming pools, and other home renovations. For more information or you have a question about an upcoming project that may need a permit please contact the Village Office 937-698-1500. Complete your Zoning Permit form plus the accompanied project drawing and bring into … Continued

Does a garage sale require a permit in the Village?

No a permit is not required by the Village in order for a resident to have a garage sale. However we do require that you contact the Village office to let us know the location and dates of the garage sale. We also ask that residents keep the number of garage sales to 3x a … Continued

How do I obtain a building permit?

To obtain a building permit one must go through Miami County’s Building department and the Village of West Milton. ***Some building projects may only require a Village permit but some may require both the County and Village.*** For more information please see the Miami County Building Department and/or the Village Code and Permit FAQ area.

How do I report food safety concerns?

Please report any food safety concerns to the Miami County Public Health Department. They are located at 510 W. Water Street, Troy, OH 45373 and can be reached via telephone at (937) 573-3500. For further information visit the Miami County Public Health Dept. Food Safety • Miami County Public Health (miamicountyhealth.net)

Close window