Contact: Ben Herron – Service Director
PH: 698-1500 ext.116
Street Department Phone: 698-7500
- The West Milton Street Department employs 3 full time maintenance workers and 1 full time working supervisor.
Some of our duties and services:
- West Milton’s street levy is a 3.0 mill levy and is essential for annual paving and maintenance of our storm sewer system. Passed in 1965 and renewed since, it also allows for future upgrades that would not otherwise be possible.
- Maintain approximately 55 lane miles of street.
- To include pavement repairs, street sweeping, trash patrol, debris pick-up and snow/ice removal.
- Maintain all municipal storm drainage including 14 miles of storm sewer lines, over 400 collection basins, over 200 storm sewer manholes, and multiple outfalls and access points. (see below)
- Maintains all signage utilizing a state of the art computer program.
- Provides leaf collection service during a dedicated time period collecting an average of 200 tons of leaves annually.
- Maintains all pavement markings and curb painting.
- Continually monitors for low hanging limbs in the right of way.
- Assists utility crews with water line and sewer line maintenance and repairs.
Some of our Equipment includes:
Two single axle International dump trucks equipped with full tailgate salt spreader and 10’ snow plow during winter months.
Caterpillar backhoe, 1 Ton Dual axle dump truck, 4 wheel drive service vehicle, Leaf Master leaf collection machine, Durapatcher road repair machine, 45’ condor all wheel drive lift, Tymco Air Generation Street Sweeper, LeRoi 185 Diesel air compressor, salt brine manufacturing unit along with skid brine application unit, and more.